Either personally or through subordinate business development managers (BDM’s), manages the sales and development activities of the territory by performing various sales and leadership responsibilities.
Leadership Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Makes active sales calls, average 40 per week for a period of 3- 6 months.
· Hunts and opens new accounts with direct sales responsibilities.
· Grows sales in new accounts and existing accounts period over period.
· Provides outstanding customer-centric consultative service.
· Develops and implements one-to-three year strategic sales plans that align with corporate goals.
· Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals for the territory and individuals accordingly.
· Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
· Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
· Advises manufacturers, dealer reps, customers and sales consultants about company’s sales and marketing techniques and the strategic advantage offered by R.W. Smith & Co.
· Assigns customers and/or geographic areas within the sales territory to Business Development Managers.
· Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist Business Development Managers in promoting sales flyers, promotions, etc.
· Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
· Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
· Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
· Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
· Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
· Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
· Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
· Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
· Directs product research and development.
· Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
· Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
· Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
· Supervises 1-12 employees within the designated sales territory .
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; motivating and praising employees, appraising performance; rewarding, coaching and disciplining employees; addressing customer and co-worker complaints/concerns and resolving problems.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to effectively “hunt” for new customers aligned with the company’s sweet spot.
· Ability to prepare compelling presentations and to close deals with key decision makers.
· Ability to build and sustain productive relationships with customers.
· Ability to sell the company’s differentiated pricing and relationship model.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have recent knowledge and hands-on experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software; order processing, Ecommerce and accounting software; Internet software; human resource systems; project management software; database software and contact management systems.
· Knowledge of leadership applications and motivational techniques.
· Knowledge of employee development strategies including but not limited to mentor programs and on-line education systems.
· Knowledge, through recent work experience, of at least 50% of product categories to be sold, including but not limited to commercial china, flatware, glassware and small wares.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business concepts, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees and leaders, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university plus one to two years recent, related outside B2B sales leadership experience managing, mentoring and developing outside B2B sales reps as well as recent work experience or training within the hospitality industry; or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience including 4-6 years of recent, related outside B2B sales experience managing, mentoring and developing outside B2B sales reps as well as 1-2 years of recent sales leadership experience and recently work experience or training within the hospitality industry.
· 5+ years recent operations (chef, server, bartender, general manager) experience within the hospitality industry.
· Recent work experience as a commissioned B2B sales “hunter” with a proven-track record of growing sales year-over-year with new and existing customers.
· ServSafe certification.
About the Company:
TriMark R.W. Smith was established in San Diego in 1935 as a wholesale food service equipment and supply distributor serving San Diego County. Currently, we have two distinct business lines including a full-service turnkey supplier of food service supplies and equipment and custom design/fabrication of controlled environment rooms.
Our Benefits Package:
Our total compensation package includes market competitive base salaries; bonus programs; and, employee benefits, which are available after 30-days of consecutive full-time employment. Our paid time off program includes paid vacation, paid sick leave and nine holidays.
TriMark R.W. Smith offers medical insurance with prescription drug coverage; dental, vision and life insurance programs; and 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage. Full time employees are also eligible to participate in the Section 125 pre-tax premium plan, health and dependent care spending accounts; health savings accounts (when paired with a high deductible health plan); and our pre-tax and post-tax 401(k) retirement savings plans.
TriMark R.W. Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
TriMark R.W. Smith participates in E-Verify , a service of DHS and SSA, where required. See the E-Verify notice in English or Español.
TriMark R.W. Smith will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our Career Center as a result of your disability. To request assistance or an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only local applicants will be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not covered by TriMark R.W. Smith.
Employment with TriMark R.W. Smith may be contingent upon successfully complying with the Company's post-offer, pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, a background check, and a motor vehicle record pull. Employees who either drive a company-owned vehicle or routinely drive their own vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the Company may be required to annually participate in our motor vehicle record pull, and to provide the Company with a copy of their driver's license and motor vehicle insurance.
We provide a smoke-free and drug-free work environment.
Third-party recruiters and agencies without a current signed contract should not respond to this posting.