Are you customer service driven? Do you enjoy speaking with a variety of people each and every day? Do you have a passion for finding solutions to tasks that others may consider too hard or too complicated? Do you like to work in a fast-paced and high-energy work environment? Do you consider yourself to be detail oriented and highly organized? If so, then our CSR position may be an excellent fit for you! Want to know more about our company? Visit Trimark R.W. Smith on the web at www.rwsmithco.com.
Our CSRs interact and support internal sales executives and external customers ranging from family-owned fine dining establishments to multi-unit operators. Our CSRs are responsible for researching product information; recommending and pricing products; ordering and following up on outstanding orders; and, for tracking and/or quoting various projects.
Each CSR is assigned to a group of Business Development Managers which he/she supports on a daily basis. This crucial position is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective, productive working relationship with each and every internal/external customer by providing them with a high level of knowledgeable support. A focused attention to detail is critical for success in this position.
* The CSR promotes excellence by providing superior service to all accounts and customers.
* The CSR must consistently complete the full cycle of a service call, which includes:
- greeting and establishing a positive rapport with each caller;
- actively and attentively listening to internal and external customer requests; and,
- providing excellent follow through and follow-up while meeting all established deadlines.
* CSRs take on and act immediately to investigate and resolve complaints by using customer-oriented telephone techniques while providing options and solutions for our customers.
* With the assistance of the Customer Service Supervisor and/or the department manager, each CSR is responsible for making business decisions regarding mark-ups, quotes, freight costs, returns and credits.
* CSRs use their comparative analysis skills to identify appropriate solutions for each customer.
* CSRs must become fully knowledgeable experts on our product lines in order to explain features, benefits and technical aspects of products to our internal and external customers (you will participate in a nationally recognized, 3 week training program after hire).
* Each CSR maintains a comprehensive library of reference and historical data on customers and product lines.
* CSRs must be able to assimilate large quantities of information to fulfill customer orders accurately.
* CSRs will spend 7-8 hours per day using various computer programs while concurrently being on the phone between 4-6 hours per day with internal and external customers.
1) Bachelor's degree or a high school diploma/GED with one or more years' experience in a customer service position within a corporate environment.
2) Excellent customer service skills, and above average detail orientation and organizational skills.
3) Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
4) At least three months of recent working experience utilizing Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 operating systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1) Ability to think on your feet and respond quickly.
2) Ability to effectively prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary throughout the work day to meet ever-changing needs.
3) Ability to learn and to become proficient with and maneuver through various order processing and tracking systems.
4) Ability to be flexible even when pressure and demand increase.
5) Ability to work independently and to be a part of a cohesive team.
6) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7) Strong conversational phone skills when dealing with customers who may not always be as patient as you'd like.
8) Solid knowledge of basic math principals and functions.
9) Solid understanding of proper grammar usage, sentence structure and correct spelling.
About the Company:
TriMark R.W. Smith was established in San Diego in 1935 as a wholesale food service equipment and supply distributor serving San Diego County. Currently, we have three distinct business lines including a full-service turnkey supplier of food service equipment/supplies; a commercial kitchen contract design division and a custom design/fabrication of controlled environment rooms.
Our Benefit Package: Our total compensation package includes market competitive base salaries; bonus programs; and, employee benefits, which are available after 30 days of consecutive full-time employment for hire dates 11/1/2018 and after. Our paid time off program includes two weeks of paid vacation, five days paid sick leave and seven paid holidays. Additionally, TriMark R.W. Smith offers medical insurance with prescription drug coverage; dental, vision and life insurance programs; and 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage. Full time employee are also eligible to participate in the Section 125 pre-tax premium plan, health care/dependent care spending accounts; health savings accounts (when paired with a high deductible health plan); and our 401(k) retirement savings plan.
TriMark R.W. Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans. TriMark R.W. Smith participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. See the E-Verify notice in English or Español. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com. Only local applicants will be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not covered by TriMark R.W. Smith. Employment with TriMark R.W. Smith may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and a background investigation. We provide a smoke-free and drug-free work environment. Third-party recruiters and agencies without a current signed contract should not respond to this posting.