We are looking for enthusiastic, intelligent and dedicated professionals to join our team! We understand that YOU are the key to success in any business. With that, we are truly dedicated to your development, growth, and success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Code and enter approved/received invoices/debit-credit memos into accounting software within 24 hours to ensure all discounts are taken. Invoices types: expense invoices; debit/credit memos; and trade invoices (full cycle). Receive direct shipments in company accounting system.
* All expense invoices must be forwarded to respective dept. manager for approval.
* All invoices that have been input, expense and non-expense, must be filed by due date or alphabetically if for the next check run.
* Vendor calls returned within 24 hours, vendor issues resolved within 72 hours.
* Process vendor check runs twice a week.
* Select invoices to pay, match vouchers to report, print checks and attach invoices, debit/credit memos or altered invoice to check.
* Ensure new vendors have W-9’s on file prior to payment.
* Review and approve employee out of pocket expenses according to company polices.
* Process vendor payments utilizing company credit card.
* Reconcile vendor statements.
* Vendor file maintenance - Set up new vendors, change terms (with note), change remit to address.
* Contact vendor to request reimbursement of credit memos in excess of 2 months.
* Secondary backup of Receptionist.
* Audits freight bills against freight manifests.
* Analyzes vendor accounts and negotiates extended terms with vendors.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-5 years full cycle A/P experience with 200-300 invoices processed/week.
Heavy PO (80%) processing; additional 20% non-PO processing.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook and Word.
ERP system experience.
About the Company:
Working knowledge of SX a plus
TriMark R.W. Smith was established in San Diego in 1935 as a wholesale food service equipment and supply distributor serving San Diego County. Currently, we have three distinct business lines including a full-service turnkey supplier of food service equipment/supplies; a commercial kitchen contract design division and a custom design/fabrication of controlled environment rooms.
Our Benefit Package:
Our total compensation package includes market competitive base salaries; bonus programs; and, employee benefits, which are available after 30 days of full-time employment. Our paid time off program includes paid vacation, sick leave and nine holidays. Additionally, TriMark R.W. Smith offers medical insurance with prescription drug coverage; dental, vision and life insurance programs; and 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage. Full time employee are also eligible to participate in the Section 125 pre-tax premium plan, health care/dependent care spending accounts; health savings accounts (when paired with a high deductible health plan); and our 401(k) retirement savings plan.
TriMark R.W. Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans. TriMark R.W. Smith participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. See the E-Verify notice in English or Español .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com .
Only local applicants will be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not covered by TriMark R.W. Smith. Employment with TriMark R.W. Smith may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and a background investigation.
We provide a smoke-free and drug-free work environment.
Third-party recruiters and agencies without a current signed contract should not respond to this posting .