Career Opportunity Application
Position: West Region Payroll Administrator
The Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for day-to-day payroll functions supporting 300+
employees in assigned divisions spread over 13 states. Oversee all aspects of Company bi-weekly
payroll process: review of data from company time-collection systems input of compensation
changes, and deduction start/stop consistent with Federal and State law and company policy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Time & Attendance ADP record keeping
- Create bi-weekly payroll feeds to payroll (ADP) system and perform required audits to
ensure accurate payroll checks.
- Receive, sort and confirm delivered payroll checks and reports. Create bi-weekly & monthly
reports to Finance Department.
- Respond to day-to-day payroll questions. Responsible for all related administrative payroll
duties including data entry projects, record keeping, and special reporting for audits, federal,
state or local agencies.
- Maintain all temporary agency staff records, coordinate entry in timekeeping system and
reconcile agency invoices.
- Maintain accurate HR and payroll data via ADP system and hardcopy files; includes new
hire/term and personal data entry.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and
terminations is accurate and timely.
- Audit functions as necessary to maintain accuracy of all processes including participation
with Corporate in yearly audit function
- Create and/or manage ad hoc reports as needed personnel, payroll and benefit reports as
requested by management.
- Other assignments related to financial administration and/or support to HR department as
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding numerical skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-audit all levels of work
- Knowledge of Federal and State Employment laws in a multi-state environment
- Schedule that is flexible and responsive to business needs.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office/Word/Excel and report-writing experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact in a positive manner with all levels
- Highly organized and able to multi task in a busy environment.
- Responsive with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous tasks
Education & Experience
- 5 – 7 years of payroll experience preferred with an automated system.
- Prior experience with ADP WorkForce Now or similar payroll system required.
- Expertise with CA law and corresponding pay practice required.
Apply for this Position:
To apply for this position, complete and upload the form below as well as your resume:
Download Application Form