The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing exceptional technical support to TriMark’s internal end-users. In this role, the DST will support the office IT infrastructure and technology-related hardware or software needs. The best candidate will demonstrate a service-oriented approach to resolving internal customer IT issues and the initiative to resolve issues with urgency.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Manage the IT ticket system within the set SLA’s and first contact resolution, including opening, reviewing, resolving and closing assigned support tickets. Track all requests for service and support in the incident tracking software, update associated knowledge-base with standard resolutions, perform follow-up communications on open/closed tickets;
• Provide hands-on, on-site and remote technical/desktop support to all company team members;
• Provide support, investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve all computer software and hardware problems; these include, but are not limited to O365, Acrobat DC, Internet Access, Remote Connectivity, Printing, and VOIP solutions, etc.
• Administer user accounts and active directory and create and maintain in-house documentation, including, but are not limited to, following set-up checklists, equipment summaries and documentation of all systems and important information needed on each; 5. Firm understanding of hosted VOIP corporate phone systems;
• Provide mobile device support to include setup of devices (iOS, Android, etc.) to connect to the firm’s mobile device management system and remote authentication applications;
• Provide recommended software and or hardware-specific solutions for problems and or requests;
• Isolate reoccurring technical issues in order to proactively address problems. Escalate issues when required to Systems Administrator
• Review and maintain office desktops and laptops on a regular basis to ensure they are on the latest software releases, including security patches and perform regular maintenance on computers, such as data back-up and configurations;
• Track and maintain IT equipment in an asset tracking software. Inventory equipment on a regular basis to confirm asset tag information, customer ownership and location;
• Responsible for new hire set-ups and removal of or relocation of IT equipment, as required
• Help with Information Services projects and roll-outs, as needed; and
• Other duties, as assigned.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
Education & Experience
Strong customer service and organizational skills.
Provide technical support to end users in the corporate office and remote locations.
Self-starter and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
Possess a proven ability to successfully interface and respond to many different levels of individuals within the organization.
3 to 5+ years’ work experience in an Information Technology environment
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desirable
Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
Ability and knowledge to support Microsoft 365
Experience in analysis and evaluation of computer systems and their specifications
Sound understanding of computer systems and applications (hardware/software), networks, etc.
Excellent organizational and support skills and ability to take initiative.
• Desktop Support: 3 years (Required)
• IT Support: 5 years
• IT ticket systems: 3 years (Preferred)
• Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
To apply for this position, complete and upload the form below as well as your resume: