Career Opportunity Application
Position: Buyer - Norcross, GA
Position Summary: The Buyer must be an experienced purchasing professional who is specialized and extremely knowledgeable about the assigned business segment. This individual will be responsible for managing purchasing activities for the commodity assigned, partnering with marketing, building effective relationships with sales personnel and driving increased revenue through innovative and proactive thinking and actions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage the assigned workbench (sales orders to purchase order conversion) to ensure all purchase orders are being placed accurately in a timely, efficient manner while considering the most cost effective ordering patters and expeditious shipping methods when necessary.
- Responsible for resolving invoice and receiving discrepancies for the product line assigned in a timely manner.
- Foster positive relations with customers, vendors, co-workers, sales personnel, and management.
- Plan, communicate and manage all product lines inventoried to ensure we are supporting customer demands, ordering economically and maintaining inventory cost targets.
- Responsible for managing all vendor master inquiries or discrepancy to ensure purchase order accuracy.
- Assists Management with the planning and negotiating of long term contracts with favorable impact on inventory goals, quality, and continuity of supply and corporate cost objectives.
- Assist with the management in the coordination of rebates and sheltered income programs with vendors.
- Work with all major purchasing divisions under TriMark to be under one pricing contract.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to cultivate strong positive relationships with suppliers & co-workers
- Ability to research and maintain current trends in the foodservice industry as it relates to assigned products
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to identify good buying opportunities
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent math skills; firm grasp on basic accounting
- Good working knowledge of computer operating systems
- Intermediate level knowledge and experience with Excel and Word
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work independently
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, purchasing or a related field preferred
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years purchasing experience preferred
- Experience in buying in the foodservice industry
Apply for this Position:
To apply for this position, complete and upload the form below as well as your resume:
Download Application Form