Career Opportunity Application
Position: Freight Claims Specialist
The Freight Claims Specialist will have an in-depth knowledge of the carrier claims process, while providing an elevated level of support to our purchasing and sales departments.
This individual will work closely with the vendor, purchasing department, carrier, and the sales rep to maintain a high level of communication on the status of the claim as it progresses to disposition.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Evaluate when and if a freight claim, inspection or field repair is required for all incoming, and direct shipments. If a claim is required the claim and repair research process will be managed until completion.
- Collection and coordination of all supporting documentation required to properly file a claim in accordance to the Carriers standards.
- Aggressively file and manage freight claims, inspections and any associated field repairs in a timely manner utilizing EZ Claim.
- Minimize the financial impact to the Company in providing solutions to freight damage that are most cost effective while achieving Customer Satisfaction.
- Coordinate the purchasing of any replacement parts required in result of a freight claim with Vendors.
- Work closely with purchasing and receiving to determine deficiencies in packaging and work on solutions with Suppliers in an attempt to reduce/eliminate future claims.
- Communicate to Management on the carrier performance on claims by preparing weekly and/or monthly transportation reports with metrics on rate of loss/damage occurrence, value of loss/damage, rate of claim recovery occurrence and value of claim recovery amount.
- Provide support/back up to other members of the Returns Coordinators and Freight team.
- Prioritize activities to ensure work is completed accurately and on time.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to type 50+ wpm
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
- Ability to manage a heavy, redundant volume workload with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent math skills
- Intermediate level of knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite
- Ability to take initiative
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that fosters positive relationships with internal (company personnel) and external (vendors, customers) customers
- Experience with an ERP system
- 10-Key Proficient
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics, Accounting or Business Administration
- 2+ years of experience in managing freight claims
- 6 months experience managing a high volume of competing priorities with an emphasis on timelines and accuracy
Apply for this Position:
To apply for this position, complete and upload the form below as well as your resume:
Download Application Form